This week’s episode of Encore is almost as delicious as macaroni and cheese stuffed chicken wings. This week we look at if an early leak will hurt Adele, the idea of an “infinite” movie franchise, going to shows by yourself, what can impact the price of vinyl, if an artist contributing music to a political campaign bugs us, and the big topic: How would we “fix” Apple Music, the death of Rdio, and the retirement of the Zune. You’ll find show notes, ways to subscribe, and links to stream and/or downloaded this episode in the replies.
You’ll find show notes, ways to subscribe, and links to stream and/or downloaded this episode in the replies.
You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, on YouTube, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, and on SoundCloud.
Hosts + More
- Adele’s album leaked right before we started podcasting. Is it going to affect her album sales? Ahahahahahahhahahaha.
- Thomas got his Encore shirt, but Jason hasn’t. We’ve seen some pictures from people who have — definitely keep sharing those please! Super cool to see that.
- Plenty more listener questions today:
- We’re going to talk about our favorite album closers at some time. We’re mentioning this because it’s a commonly requested topic.
- Going to shows by yourself and whether that bothers you.
- Does the length of an album affect the price of its LP?
- What do we think of artists lending music to political campaigns?
- How would we fix Apple Music?
- Ding, dong, the Zune is dead.
- So is Rdio :/ … an article: ‘Why Rdio Died’ from The Verge.
- JT Recommends: Nathan for You, Plex (app) – blog on my new setup, making hot soup, new Mute Math album Vitals.
- TN Recommends: Master of None on Netflix, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series also on Netflix.
If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!
If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.
Email us if you’re interesting in promoting a good or service via a sponsorship on our podcast.