This week’s episode of Encore spends a lot of time talking about all of the Blink-182 news over the past week. We talk about the band’s new song, their new album, the entire thing about the song going up a day early and what happened there, and the band’s massive upcoming tour. We also talk a little about the new Drake album, answer a couple of listener questions, and, of course, talk about beer and basketball as well. You can find all the information to stream and/or download the episode below. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
- Safely: Pre-orders are up for the new EP right now — pick it up and get an instant download of the album.
- American XO: Grab the new song “Brain Dead” for free on Soundcloud right now and check out other EPs as well.
Hosts + More
- Brooklyn Brewery, switching from Chrome to Safari, other mishmash topics.
- Brand New’s MySpace presence.
- It’s a blink-182-a-palooza. Their new song, “Bored To Death,” is streaming and California will be released on July 1. The band has announced a huge late summer tour with A Day To Remember and rotating appearances from All Time Low and All American Rejects. There’s lots more blink-182 news on the site, including Jason’s playlist of underappreciated blink tracks.
- Drake released Views on Apple Music and it apparently went Gold in one day.
- @dyke_alexander: since Beyonce’s marketing is perfect for her albums, what do you suggest to a band just starting out?
- @PourAdvice: Have you ever had a mood determine how you take in an album? Normally it’s the other way around… A few months ago I was having a terrible stretch at work and was trying to get into Foxing. I now associate that album with those feelings. Do you think that it’s something you can change?
- JT Recommends: Bill Simmons’ podcast with Chris Sacca, new PUP, new Saosin, Beyoncé’s album, The Thermals, new Drake, all of blink-182’s discography, currently watching iZombie and Silicon Valley is back.
- TN Recommends: Watching random episodes of Archer (Netflix should have a “shuffle” button), revisited The Mountain Goats and The Sunset Tree is marvelous, also I’m selling the microphone I used to use to record this show so feel free to get in touch with me if you want a starter USB microphone on the cheap.
You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.
If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!
If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.