We made it to the 100th episode of our podcast — now it’s time to shake things up. Today we’d like to introduce you to the new podcast: Encore. We’ve undergone a name change, a little re-brand, and we’re coming at you with a brand new special episode this week. This week’s topics look at the reasons we decided to make this change, the process we went through in picking our new name and logo, the announcement of a special teespring campaign for limited edition Encore t-shirts, a special segment with guest Drew Beringer (where we talk about new music, what Drew’s been up to, technology, and all kinds of stuff), and then — of course — we end talking about Jesse Lacey’s emotional speech and the thoughts of Brand New calling it a day. We think it’s an episode worthy of this milestone.
I’d just like to take a moment to thank each and every one of our listeners for going on this journey with us. When we started the podcast I had no idea what it would be or become. I had no idea that I would end up looking forward to recording an episode each week. I had no idea we’d be able to grow it to the audience we have. It sounded fun to try and it has ended up being one of the highlights of my entire career here on the website. So, from Thomas, Drew, and I — truly thank you. I hope you enjoy this episode, and maybe the next 100, as much as I know I will recording them. We’re very excited about the new launch, logo, and t-shirts — they’re only available for about three weeks, so act fast. And if you like our show, we’d love it if you could help spread the word. Maybe tell a friend about the podcast, post about it on Twitter or Facebook, share our new logo, recommend it on Overcast or rate it in iTunes. Any of those things really would go a long way in helping us continue to grow the show and reach even more music fans. If everything goes to plan you won’t need to re-subscribe to the podcast (the new version should show up in your podcast player of choice). You’ll find show notes, ways to subscribe, and links to stream and/or downloaded this episode in the replies.
You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, on YouTube, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, and on SoundCloud.
Hosts + More
- Welcome to Encore.
- Encore is the new name of this podcast. New name, new logo, same two guys drinking beer, talking about music and sports and Star Wars and whatever else.
- No user questions or follow-up today as we’re going to talk about the new direction for the podcast and have a segment with Drew, talking about what he’s been up to lately, the early days of the podcast and what he’s been listening to a lot.
- We’ve launched a Teespring campaign with T-shirts featuring our new logo. There are two colors (grey-ish and teal-ish), as well as men’s and women’s shirts. This is a super simple way to support the podcast: We’re 100 episodes in, and we’ve been growing steadily thanks to our listeners sharing the podcast with friends and on social media, etc. If you’d like to support us in a new way and get a pretty sweet T-shirt, this is how you can do that. All of the profits from the shirt that come to us will be invested in improving the podcast in whatever ways we can.
- The T-shirts are available one time only for a limited time, so get in there soon: The campaign ends on November 3.
- Our new logo was made by Grafik Syndikat. Here’s a high-res version of the dark logo; and here’s the light logo.
- You don’t need to re-subscribe to the podcast or anything like that; your feed should update with the new name and artwork pretty soon, if it hasn’t already. The podcast will stay mostly the same — we aren’t planning any huge departure in how we handle it. Still going to be on a weekly schedule.
- Here are all the ways to follow the podcast if you don’t already: New Twitter and YouTube links, same links for iTunes, Overcast, and RSS.
- We talk to Drew for a bit.
- Then, obviously, we talk about Brand New and Jesse Lacey’s emotional speech at the last show of their tour.
- We also want to give a very sincere thank-you to everyone who listens to this podcast. We obviously would not have made it to 100 episodes, and we certainly wouldn’t be experiencing the slow and steady growth we currently are, without our awesome listeners.
- JT & TN Recommend: Buying a T-shirt, if you want one, you know, that would be cool.
If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!
If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.
Email us if you’re interesting in promoting a good or service via a sponsorship on our podcast.