Fans can preview Bad Books’ new configuration in a live video of “Forest Whitaker,” from 2012’s LP II. Filmed last month at The Line Hotel during SXSW, the surprise set marked the band’s first performance in over six years. Watch it now HERE. II — which followed 2010’s self-titled debut — saw praise and support from outlets including Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, Paste, Consequence Of Sound, and more.
The fast friendship between Hull and Devine began in 2007, and has since included multiple tours in addition to a 2010 split EP where each covered one of the other’s songs. The collaborative debut LP Bad Books followed later that year; recorded in just under a week, the album featured individually penned songs from Hull and Devine. A number of well-received live dates followed, mostly acoustic, as well as further joint tours in other assorted permutations. January 2012 saw the recording of II in the Manchesters’ Favorite Gentlemen Studios in Atlanta, once again backed by members of Manchester Orchestra, and with McDowell producing for the first time.
More news on Bad Books and their upcoming album will be announced soon.
- 5/04 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival
- 6/19 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
- 6/20 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew’s Hall
- 6/21 – Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 6/22 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theater
- 6/23 – College Park, MD @ Milkboy
- 6/25 – Boston, MA @ The Sinclair
- 6/26 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
- 6/27 – Brooklyn, NY @ Elsewhere
- 6/28 – Jersey City, NJ @ White Eagle Hall
- 8/13 – Seattle, WA @ The Showbox
- 8/14 – Portland, OR @ Revolution Hall
- 8/16 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 8/17 – Los Angeles, CA @ Lodge Room
- 8/19 – San Diego, CA @ The Irenic
- 8/20 – Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom
- 8/22 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar & Grill
- 8/23 – Austin, TX @ Scoot Inn