You may be noticing a lot of black boxes on your social network feeds today.1 Music industry executives Jamila Thomas and Brianna Agyemang launched “Blackout Tuesday” to encourage everyone to take “an urgent step of action to provoke accountability and change.” Anyone that’s read this website for any amount of time probably knows my politics, I’m not shy about them. Black lives matter.
- Reclaim the Block
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Campaign Zero
- Bail Funds / Legal Help by City (More)
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- National Bail Fund Network
- Ways You Can Help
- Great post from mireillecharper on Instagram on non-optical allyship.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, writing at the LA Times.
- Nick Baumann on the militarization of the American police.
- From Samuel Sinyangwe, a thread about solutions to stop police violence.
- An anti-racist reading list.
- Dark Days by James Baldwin
- I’m Still Here by Austin Channing Brown
- White Girls by Hilton Als
- Your Silence Will Not Protect You by Audre Lord
- How to be An Antiracist by Ibram X Kendi
- Angela Davis in Conversation (Video)
Please don’t use the hashtag if you post on social media, it prevents valuable information from getting to activists.↩