Japanese Breakfast’s Michelle Zauner is writing a memoir. The full press release can be found below.
div class=”pressrelease”Japanese Breakfast’s Michelle Zauner has signed a book deal for her memoir, Crying in H Mart, with Knopf. Crying in H Mart is Zauner’s story about growing up Korean-American, losing her mother too young, searching for identity in a hybrid culture, and finding a passion for her ancestry and Korean cooking as a way to heal and return to her roots in the wake of loss. Her writing has previously appeared in The New Yorker and Glamour Magazine.
The North American rights for the book were acquired by Robin Desser at Knopf, at auction, by Brettne Bloom at The Book Group. Jenny Meyer is handling UK and translation rights.
Zauner’s band Japanese Breakfast, has announced tour dates that include sold out shows at Chicago’s Thalia Hall and Boston’s Royale, a stop at Austin TX’s SXSW, Atlanta GA’s Shaky Knees, Arcosanti’s FORM, and Calgary’s Sled Island festivals, and a tour in Asia. All dates below.
Additionally, the Zauner-directed music video for “Boyish” from Japanese Breakfast’s 2017 Soft Sounds from Another Planet is an official selection of SXSW’s Film Festival.>
- 3/12 – Chicago, IL @ Thalia Hall *SOLD OUT*
- 3/15-17 – Austin, TX @ SXSW
- 4/1 – Boston, MA @ Royale
- 4/3 – Portsmouth, NH @ 3S Artspace
- 4/4 – Portland, ME @ Port City Music Hall
- 4/6 – Boston, MA @ Royale *SOLD OUT*
- 4/7 – Jersey City, NJ @ White Eagle Hall
- 5/2 – Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- 5/3 – Asheville, NC @ The Grey Eagle Tavern & Music Hall
- 5/4 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival
- 5/5 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
- 5/6 – Charlottesville, VA @ The Southern
- 5/10 – Arcosanti, AZ @ FORM
- 5/13 – Singapore @ Esplande Recital Studio
- 5/15 – Jakarta, Indonesia @ Rossi Music
- 5/16 – Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Thailand @ Rockademy
- 5/18 – Makati, Manila @ The Rest Is Noise
- 5/22 – Tokyo, Japan @ WWW X
- 5/27 – Seoul, South Korea @ Hongdae Muv Hall
- 6/19 – Calgary, AB @ Sled Island
- 8/23 – Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom