On the track, Elkins shares, “One thing that makes little sense to the brain but can flow out of abundance from the heart simultaneously is love, and with that love, forgiveness and grace. Life is short and life is also long. To view it through the paradoxical lens of forgiveness and to see all relationships and humanity this way first has to play a huge part of the pursuit of real love. Everything can become more beautiful and truer even through pain. That seemed to me like a cool theme for a mid tempo catchy Mae song: the riddle and the renewal of forgiveness.”
(m)ultisensory (a)esthetic (e)xperience, more commonly known as MAE, is an ever-evolving music and art project formed in 2001. The band has done it all – from signing with established labels to self-releasing music. In 2009, the band even released a set of EPs on their own label entitled Cell Records, in which all proceeds benefited Habitat for Humanity and DonorsChoose.org.
With a critically acclaimed career spanning over 1600 concerts on 4 continents and 8 studio record selling in excess of 500,000, MAE consistently weaves together expansive cinematic soundscapes for the emerging global culture. Born out of funded academic research on the relationship between color and sound, MAE uses its music as a starting point to extend the concept of harmony to include other sensory languages and place listeners inside of an experience of art for the whole body.
MAE have shared the stage with iconic bands such as Weezer and The Foo Fighters, toured worldwide, and have performed everywhere from the Vans Warped Tour to the United Nations. MAE also made history when they placed 700 people inside of a group virtual reality experience while they closed out the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Jerusalem’s Tower of David.
MAE’s previous album Singularity came in at #40 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, #12 on the Billboard US Rock Chart, #13 on the Billboard US Alternative Chart, and #40 on the Billboard US Digital Chart.
MAE will be hitting the road this fall in support of the upcoming record, kicking off in Nashville and closing in their home state of Virginia. The band will also be adding in special VIP Mae Day events that will include “a fully immersive experience to engage your whole body and mind into a work of art. It’s a chance for us to build community through the experience and narrative of this album. You are coming to share a meal with the band, acoustic performance, virtual reality one-on-one experience and more for every single person that attends.”
- Oct 06 – Nashville, TN @ The High Watt
- Oct 07 – Nashville, TN @ Schematic Studios (MAE Day)
- Oct 09 – Chicago, IL @ Chubas (MAE Day)
- Oct 10 – Pontiac, MI @ The Pike Room
- Oct 11 – Millvale, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theatre (MAE Day)
- Oct 13 – Boston, MA @ Middle East – Downstairs
- Oct 14 – Brooklyn, NY @ Knitting Factory
- Oct 18 – Philadelphia, PA @ TBD (MAE Day)
- Oct 19 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Foundry
- Oct 20 – Vienna, VA @ Jammin Java
- Nov 08 – Durham, NC @ Motorco Music Hall
- Nov 09 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- Nov 10 – Orlando, FL @ The Social
- Nov 11 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
- Nov 14 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live Studio
- Nov 15 – Dallas, TX @ Curtain Club
- Nov 16 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk
- Nov 17 – Austin TX @ TBD (MAE Day)
- Nov 18 – Little Rock, AR @ Revolution Music Room
- Nov 23 – Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- Nov 24 – Norfolk, VA @ TBD (MAE Day)