This week’s episode of Encore is all about Blink-182 and their new album California. Thomas kinda really hates it. I like it more. We discuss our history with the band, what we think about the songs, why I’m more positive on the album and the “feel” it gives off, and why Thomas thinks it’s super boring. We also have some talk about Snapchat and the NBA making us excited and sad all at the same time. These are the episodes that are a lot of fun to do — I like when we disagree.
Hosts + More
- Here is the blink-182 episode none of you (okay, LOTS of you) asked for.
- First we talk about the NBA and the Fourth of July and vacations … and Snapchat.
- Blink-182 released California on July 1, and Jason and Thomas have very different thoughts about it. We begin by dissecting our respective histories with this band, recapping what’s happened in recent years, giving our overall thoughts and finally digging into the record. We don’t quite go track-by-track, but we do mention almost every song.
- Thoughts on how Matt Skiba fits in, thoughts on Mark and Travis, thoughts on Tom and John Feldmann, the present and future of blink-182 and how they’re attracting younger fans, etc.
- Yes, basically the whole episode is about this album.
You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.
If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!
If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.